Beany UK Limited, trading as and hereafter referred to as ‘Beany’, is an online provider of accountancy services, which focuses on providing services to small businesses.
For more information about our services, please refer to our website: www.beany.com
- the use of www.beany.com (“website”)
- social media messages and marketing campaigns and
- the use of our products and services.
- A website visitor
- An end user of the application (“end user”)
- A prospective client
- A job applicant and
Clients contract the use of our application and give access to their employees and other third parties, as solely decided by them, by creating users who access the application with their email address and credentials. The clients’ administrators grant end users roles, which result in different permissions and access rights to the information held in the Client account.
2.0 Personal Information We Collect
2.1 Information You Choose to Provide to Us
We may ask you to provide personal information when:
- You use the website to download articles, data sheets or eBooks.
- You request a free trial or demo.
- You refer a friend to us.
- You connect with us directly via phone calls or video conferencing platforms.
- We or Client Account Administrators grant you access to the application.
- You or Client Account Administrators upload or enter personal information into the application.
- You participate in a marketing or sales promotion.
- You attend trade events and other industry networking events.
- You register or attend a webinar or other event.
- You participate in programs we may offer from time to time.
- You participate in chats.
- You pay for our services.
If you choose to provide us with a third-party’s personal information (the person’s name, email and company) when taking part in our referral program, you represent that you have the third-party’s permission to do so.
We collect personal information that may include first and last name, business email address, phone number and/or company name.
As an end user of the application, we collect your name, business email address and any comments and information you provide when you submit information in the application.
- Employee names, email addresses and contractual agreements
- Vendor names, email addresses, contractual agreements or other personal data necessary for Beany services
- Customer names, email addresses, contractual agreements or other personal data necessary for Beany services
- Financial information
- National insurance numbers
- Unique tax references
As a job applicant, we may also collect your resume and cover letter.
Further information, including specific obligations of Beany, can be found in the Service Agreement.
2.2 Information We Collect Automatically
We collect information about your visits to the website and the application when you land on any of our web pages through cookies and similar tracking technology.
The information collected includes:
- access times
- the pages you view
- the links you click on
- the search terms you entered which brought you to our website
- actions you take in connection with any of the visited pages
- your device information such as IP address, location, browser type and language
- the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and
- the URL you browse away from our pages if you click on an external link
We may also collect information when you open email messages from us or click on links within those email messages.
2.3 Information We May Collect From Third Parties
We may combine the information we collect from your direct interactions with us with information obtained through other third-party sources, such as HMRC and Companies House. We also obtain and/or purchase lists from third parties about individuals and companies interested in our products.
The personal information collected includes your name, email address, business address, job title, company name, telephone number, tax information and company information.
3.0 How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Deliver the contracted services and allow full use of the application functionality as purchased by the clients.
- Deliver training and support to our application end users and/or carry out the transactions you have requested.
- To communicate with you directly through emails, calls, chats and video conferencing.
- Process payments for application subscriptions.
- Send communications to you about:
- Advertise and market our products and services, including delivering interest-based advertisements on this website and other sites or content syndication platforms and websites.
- Carry out market research to understand how to improve our services and their delivery.
- Create and manage marketing campaigns.
- Generate sales leads and increase our market share.
- Analyze user clicks and usage of the application and website to improve user experience and maximize usage of our services.
- Manage our website and application to maintain and deliver the contracted functionality and services.
- Enforce our website and application terms and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities.
- Protect the security or integrity of the website, application, our business or services.
- Or otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection or as required or permitted by law.
We do not sell your information to any third party.
4.0 How We Share Personal Information
Our Application and Services
If you are an end user of our application, your personal information will be viewed by Beany staff.. Other directors and/or shareholders of your business who we are required to carry out identity checks on will also have limited access to personal information you provide.
We use third parties to help us provide our services. They will have access to your information as collected by the website or the application, as reasonably necessary to perform the contracted tasks on our behalf. We sign contractual agreements to obligate them to protect the personal information, only use it to deliver the contracted services to us, prohibit them from selling it and not disclose it without our knowledge and permission.
Service Provider Name
KIRAN FOREIGN TRADE PRIVATE LIMITED
Information Collected by the Service Provider
Information required in completing financial statements and tax returns
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information when required by law, subpoena or other legal processes as identified in the applicable legislation.
We attempt to notify our clients about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency.
Change in Control
We can also share your personal data as part of a sale, merger, change in control or in preparation for any of these events.
5.0 How We Secure Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the security of all of the personal information we collect and use.
We use a variety of physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to help protect it from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We have implemented best-practice standards and controls in compliance with internationally recognized security frameworks. We use encryption technologies to protect data at rest and in transit.
6.0 Your Rights
We provide the same suite of services to all of our clients and end users worldwide.
We offer the following rights to all individuals regardless of their location or applicable privacy regulations.
For personal information we have about you, you can:
- Access your personal information or request a copy.
You have the right to obtain information about what personal information we process about you or to obtain a copy of your personal information.
If you have provided personal information to us, you may contact us to obtain an outline of what information we have about you or a copy of the information.
If you are an end user of the application, you can log in to see the personal information in the account or approach your employer for more information.
- You have the right to be notified of what personal information we collect about you and how we use it, disclose it and protect it.
- Change or correct your personal information.
You have the right to update or correct your personal information or ask us to do it on your behalf.
You can edit your information through the user account in the application or ask us to change or correct it by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Delete or erase your personal information.
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information at any time. We will communicate back to you within reasonable timelines the result of your request. If we are not able to delete or erase your personal information, we will inform you of these reasons and any further actions available to you.
- Object to the processing of your personal information.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. This means that we will stop using your personal information for these purposes.
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
You may have the right to ask us to limit the way that we use your personal information.
- Export your personal data.
You have the right to request that we export to you in a machine-readable format all of the personal information we have about you.
We do not process personal information through the use of automated means.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local organisations in charge of enforcing the privacy legislation applicable in your territory.
7.0 How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We retain information as long as it is necessary to provide the services to you and our clients, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information.
We may also retain information to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our Terms of Service and take other actions permitted by law.
Information connected to you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our services may be de-identified or aggregated with other non-personal data. This information may provide insights that are commercially valuable to Beany, such as statistics of the use of the services.
8.0 Other Important Information
We process data in the UK, New Zealand, Australia, India and the Philippines and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders, such as contracts incorporating data protection and sharing obligations. We provide the capability for the return, transfer and/or disposal of personal data in a secure manner.
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a lawful reason for its collection.
When you visit our website and provide us with your personal information, we collect and use it with your consent.
As an application end user, you consent to our collection of your personal information when you log in for the first time. However, your employer has control of the account and may upload and share additional personal information. Your employer’s responsibility is to ensure that collecting, using and sharing the personal information uploaded to the application complies with all applicable legislation.
You can review the terms and conditions of use here: https://my.beany.com/static/BeanyWebsiteTermsandConditions.pdf
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com
How to select your communications preferences
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from us. Please click the “Unsubscribe” link in the email we sent you to stop receiving marketing communications.
Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you regarding security and privacy issues, servicing your account, fulfilling your requests, or administering any promotion or any program in which you may have elected to participate.
9.0 Contact Information
You may contact us to exercise any of your rights or ask for more information about your personal information and our privacy practices by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A.1 For Individuals Based in the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK) and Switzerland
If you are based in one of these jurisdictions, Beany is the controller of your personal data collected in the following instances:
- When you visit our website www.beany.com
- When we process your personal data for sales and marketing purposes
Beany is a processor of all personal data processed on the application, on behalf of our clients. We only process the personal data under their direction. Please contact your employer or the organization that granted you access to the application for details on their privacy practices.
We only process personal data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. The lawful bases applicable to our processing as controller are:
- Consent: We will ask for your express and informed consent every time we collect your personal data on this legal basis.
- Contractual basis: We process the personal data as necessary to fulfill our contractual terms with you or our clients.
- Legitimate interest: We process the names, contact details, job titles, companies of our existing and prospective clients for our marketing purposes, including market research and sales leads generation.
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- Access your personal data
- Correct errors in your personal data
- Erase your personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- Export your personal data
- Restrict our processing of your personal data for specific reasons, including any of the purposes supported by the legitimate interest legal bases (see the section above).
- Not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making
We process personal data in the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia and India and share it with our service providers. We use standard contractual clauses, approved by the European Commission or competent UK authority (as applicable), as the data transfer mechanism for transferring personal data from the EEA or UK to other countries subject to data transfer requirements. See the table of our service providers above.
You may contact us at email@example.com
You may also lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
B1. Cookies policy
This Policy describes the collection of technical and web browsing information through cookies and similar technologies on Beany.com.
This Policy does not apply to third party websites to which Beany.com may link. Your use of Beany.com is subject to this Policy.
This website collects statistical information which is used for making the site faster and easier to use. Your visit is anonymous – information from your visit is combined with the data from all site visitors and presented as statistical information on overall site use.
While Beany does collect personally identifiable information you explicitly supply through the submission of contact and registration forms, it does not facilitate the merging of any personally identifiable information with the non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google product or feature on this website.
Beany.com uses “cookies” and other tracking technologies
Beany.com uses “session” cookies: Session cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Session cookies are used, for example, to improve navigation on this site, and to collect aggregated statistical information.
Beany may use “persistent” cookies: Persistent cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there for up to 26 months unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as helping to determine what areas of the website visitors find most valuable, and customising the website based on your preferences on an ongoing basis. The Beany server only knows that an unidentified visitor with your cookies has returned to the website and not any personally identifiable information.
Beany may use “web beacons” (also known as internet tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, anonymous identifiers and invisible GIFs): A web beacon is a tiny graphic on a web page or in an email message that is used to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web beacons tell the website server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor’s computer. Web beacons may be placed on online advertisements that bring people to Beany.com and on different pages of the website. Web beacons provide us with information on how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted. Beany uses both First Party and Third Party web beacons and cookies. Third Party web beacons and cookies are used for the purpose of marketing this website to people that may find benefit from the services included on the website.
Other tracking technologies included
The following Google Analytics Display Advertising Features are enabled for this website:
- Retargeting with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- The following Adwords Features are enabled for this website:
- Affinity audiences
- Custom affinity audiences
- In-market audiences
- Similar audiences
- Demographic and location targeting
This means that Beany are enabling Google Analytics to collect data about traffic to this site through cookies and anonymous identifiers in addition to data collected through standard Google Analytics implementations.
Beany will not share precise location information with Google unless with the prior explicit consent of the user.
You can opt-out of any of the Google Analytics Advertising Features by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ which is where users can download the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser Add-On.
You can also opt-out by going to Google Ad Settings, which allows users to turn off the amount and type of data you are sharing.
More information about opting out can be obtained from http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Contact Information and Policy Updates
If you have questions or complaints about our privacy practices or procedures, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as we may be able to clarify the need for it or work with you to alter it.
How will I know whether Beany has updated this policy?
Without prejudice to your rights under applicable law, Beany reserves the right to amend this and other policies without prior notice to reflect technological advancements, legal and regulatory changes, and good business practices. Beany may modify its policies at any time and such modifications will be effective immediately on posting on Beany.com.