Here’s a familiar story for you. It’s 9pm, there’s an unfriendly giant of paperwork stomping around your desk. Yet another late night of business admin awaits, and another night missed where you could have been doing something else. Anything else but the paperwork!
You look over at the half-emptied container of coffee beans knowing another coffee isn’t really going to solve the issue. Surely this isn’t what the cost of doing business is all about? There must be a better way? How can we get a bit of magic back into the fairy tale?
It’s a situation that many business owners face. Time poor, burgeoning admin, and probably a few too many systems that don’t quite communicate with each other as effectively as they could leading to missed opportunities and sluggish cash flow. There’s only so much the old whiteboard marker, excel spreadsheet and post-it-notes can do.
This is why many businesses are looking to digitise things like job management and business admin so they can climb up that beanstalk into the digital cloud. It’s a situation where you don’t want your business to be left behind! There’s a little bit of effort at the start, but the reward on time saved alone once you’re set up (up to 14 hours a week!) is well worth it.
So what is job management software and how does it work?
Job management software is like that magic golden harp that sings and plays by itself so you can get on with focusing on areas of the business that deserve your attention.
Job management software gives you the tools to do things like store and access information, schedule jobs, and manage finances using cloud technology, which is a secure way of storing information on the internet.
Being accessible on PCs, tablets and mobiles means your team can stay connected on a secure and efficient system that takes the headache out of keeping track of everything that is going on in the business. Need to access quotes, invoices, expenses, job details and schedules from any device and have updates instantly integrated for everyone to see? With the digital cloud this is possible.
What are the features I should look for?
There’s a lot of information on job management software on the internet, which is why it’s important to keep things simple. The main features you should consider include:
- Job creation and allocation – store and track your jobs with important details such as customer information, date, location, specifics, notes as well as staff allocation and status.
- Job schedules and timesheets – track everything on the one calendar making it easier to see what everyone is doing. Staff can integrate their schedules so there aren’t any clashes, as well as using it as a system to put in sick leave, and annual leave as well as to track work hours.
- Staff location tracking – view the location and routes your staff take through the use of smartphones and Google Maps. Great for finding out an ETA without disrupting staff when they’re on the road.
- Financial management tools – customise templates to create quotes and invoices delivered to customers via email or SMS. Also useful for keeping information updated and in the one place where you can track expenses and taxable items.
- A version for smartphones and tablets – make sure it integrates across multiple devices (ideally for IOS and Android) in real-time so the team can track daily work wherever they are.
- Able to integrate with other software – link up to other systems, such as accounting software, into the one system so you don’t need to juggle multiple apps and can be more efficient with your bean counting!
Choosing a provider
So let’s bring this all together. Job management software is your one-stop digital platform to help streamline your day-to-day business operations into one system, saving you time and allowing you to focus on areas of the business that really matter.
We encourage you to search for a provider that suits your business needs. You can try GeoNext for free for 14 days, we’ve even put together a special offer for Beany customers.
Here’s a quick recap on our solution:
Customers using our software have saved up to 14 hours a week on paperwork alone, which not only has helped them get their business growth on track – they’ve gotten their weekends back too! Key benefits:
- Fast quoting and quote management
- Easily manage staff on the go with our smart job scheduler
- Keep track of everything from job details, schedules, finances, and team communication all in the one place
- Get paid faster by converting a job into an invoice as soon as it’s done
- Sync important financial information directly to your accounting platform
Whatever stage your business is at with the digitisation journey, GeoNext can help. Our Beany offer includes:
- 50% off GeoNext software licensing for three months
- FREE one-on-one onboarding & training
- Get started FREE for 14 days