SAVE TIME, MONEY, AND STRESS
You know real estate. We know property tax. Let's work together.
Whether you're a landlord or a real estate agent, Beany is here to help you manage and grow your business. We take the weight of accounting off your shoulders, and help you navigate through the tax season with ease. Our accountants and friendly team are here to ensure you stay compliant, so you can focus on taking care of your business.
WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED
Real estate accounting: the essential questions
Our accountants and friendly support team are here to help business owners like yourself manage your accounting duties with ease. We receive a lot of questions from our clients - here are a few we're able to help you with:
1. What rental property expenses are deductible for tax purposes?
2. How do I charge depreciation in respect of an investment property, what are the tax consequences or this?
3. Can I deduct the cost of repairs and maintenance on my rental properties?
4. Can I deduct mortgage payments or interest as an expense when calculating my tax?
5. How do I report and pay taxes on income from renting out a holiday home?
6. Are there any tax reliefs for investing in energy-efficient property upgrades?
7. How do I report and pay taxes on income from a real estate partnership or corporation?
8. Can I deduct the cost of hiring a property management company as a business expense?
9. How do I report and pay taxes on capital gains from selling a rental property?
10. Are there any special tax rules for real estate agents and property managers?
11. How do I report and pay taxes on income from flipping properties?
12. What are the rules regarding renting out a furnished holiday let?
13. Can I deduct the cost of travelling for real estate related business as a business expense?
ONE SIMPLE FIXED MONTHLY FEE
What do you get with a Beany core package?
Dedicated NZ-based accountant
Proactive information and alerts
See what our customers say
We spoke to lots of firms, looking for someone who understood small business and would take the time to get to know us. Julian solidified our choice; he’s a good listener, he didn’t talk over me, and offered valuable information. I always get a friendly response from the support team straight away and get extra info that I actually need.
When I need accounting support, I get it. Beany takes the pressure off me; they take away all the grind work and make the process efficient. You’re paying a reasonable rate and getting the best connection. It’s hard to find accountants that work and understand the not-for-profit space, so I always say check out Beany.
Beany means I don’t have to deal with the headache of bookkeeping and accounting. I can go in at any time and see how we’re doing, whereas typical accountants wouldn’t interact with you until year-end. Everything is straightforward and uncomplicated. With Beany, you describe what you need and you can get it.
When I started InfluenceWorks, I felt confident within my industry knowledge, but super under confident around the financial side of things. My Beany accountant went above and beyond, giving me step by step instructions on everything I needed to set up and even giving me super helpful tips about things outside of the financial realm.
Getting set up on Beany was simple and painless, they even took care of the switch for us. Our accountant Jenny never hesitates to get involved or come up with solutions or advice for new or different scenarios that seem to regularly pop up. Unlike experiences with larger firms, we’ve always felt we get value for money; Beany isn’t low touch, low cost.
Accounting is like a chore to me. Using Beany means I’m still in control, but when I have a question it gets answered straight away. It’s all so seamless. Even though Beany is all online, I have a connection with my accountant, Rebecca. She makes me feel like family. Beany is easy, hassle-free, and always a step ahead.